20. September 2010
.NET , c# , memcached
New updates is available for my memcached client.
- Server monitoring is in place, i.e. if a server node goes down or several requests fail for a given node.
- Logging framework has been added, so useful log statements can be added.
Coming updates are:
- Actually using the information added by the server monitor, to remove a node when it is marked as dead and reintroduce it again, if and when it is marked as alive again.
- Implement Set - I don't know how I could forget this in the first version, but it's very simple to implement with the current implementation.
- Implement MultiGet - so you can save a few precious roundtrips if you are lucky enough that all your keys end up on the same server node.
- Implement stats operation - so you can get some usefull statistics back from the server.
Anyway, check it out at: http://asyncmemcached.codeplex.com
If anyone out there is actually using the client or considering it, please let me know, I would really like some feedback.