11. April 2007
.NET , c# , MSTDC , Windows 2003
I was developing a database layer using TransactionScope in .Net 2.0, and when opening the second connection I got the following error:
The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions
This means that you need to enable network access on both the server/client that is running the application, but also on the database server(s) that you are connecting to. To do this you need to do:
First verify the "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" Service is
running on both database server computer and client computers
1. Go to "Administrative Tools > Services"
2. Turn on the "Distributed Transaction Coordinator" Service if it is not running
If it is running and client application is not on the same computer as
the database server, on the computer running database server
1. Go to "Administrative Tools > Component Services"
2. On the left navigation tree, go to "Component Services > Computers > My Computer"
3. Right click on "My Computer", select "Properties"
4. Select "MSDTC" tab
5. Click "Security Configuration"
6. Make sure you check "Network DTC Access", "Allow Remote Client", "Allow Inbound/Outbound", "Enable TIP"
7. The service will restart
8. You might have to restart the computer(s)